One month after formally announcing the creation of the Saturn multiparty ownership protocol which took the Polkadot ecosystem by storm, the InvArch Network core team is beyond excited to announce the release of the Saturn SDK!
Saturn’s comprehensive features and user-friendly interface make it an ideal solution for a wide range of use cases, from decentralized organizations and consortiums to individual users seeking enhanced security and control over their digital assets. With the release of the Saturn SDK, developers can now directly integrate Saturn into their applications, ranging from dApps to wallets and more!
Saturn is a robust multisig protocol that leverages no-code account abstraction to provide a seamless experience across different chains using a single multisig deployment. You can check out the initial announcement below.
🪐 Saturn: The Future of Multi-Party Ownership.
Introducing the Saturn Multisig, a multi-party ownership protocol designed to be the most dynamic & future-proof…
Unique Aspects of Saturn Multisigs:
- No Smart Contracts: Saturn multisigs are native first-class citizens of InvArch’s Kusama network, Tinkernet, and thus do not require users to deploy redundant smart contracts, as all the code is already built-in to the network, making every single operation incredibly efficient on both performance and cost.
- Fungible Voting Tokens: Multisigs deployed using Saturn have a simple yet effective voting system, this consists of fungible voting tokens (which are frozen by default but can be made transferable), these tokens represent the voting power of each member of the multisig, so they can be minted in different amounts to different members to represent unique ratios of voting power. This also means that, while this SDK uses the terminology “add member” and “remove member”, technically speaking that’s simply an abstraction for token minting and burning.
- Cross Chain Execution: Saturn multisigs are not limited to the Tinker network, but also cannot be deployed to other networks, that’s because the protocol utilizes Polkadot’s XCM (Cross Consensus Messaging) to execute transactions in chains connected to Tinkernet. This is a seamless process for developers using the SDK and for users of products built with it, and that’s because the protocol constantly attempts to maintain user experience similar to EOAs (Externally Owned Accounts), the main thing to note is that Saturn multisigs have the same exact account address no matter which network they’re transacting on!
- Flexible Management: Saturn focuses on being as decentralized as possible, meaning that after someone creates a multisig, every single operation to manage that multisig has to be done by the multisig itself, so if members want to change parameters like the voting thresholds or unfreeze the tokens, they have to propose a multisig call that executes those transactions. By allowing the multisig to self-govern, we completely remove any point of trust from the protocol.
Below developers can discover the information-rich Saturn SDK documentation as well as a direct link to the Saturn SDK’s open-source codebase. Developers can get started building today!
Saturn is a powerful multisig protocol that leverage no-code account abstraction to provide a seamless experience…
- Multichain Multisig Wallets — Ecosystem wallets that users already use & love such as Talisman, Nova Wallet, & SubWallet can integrate Saturn directly into their wallets. This will enhance their features as multichain wallets by also providing a multichain wallet for multisigs to manage their assets on top of the ability for individuals to currently do so.
- Multichain DAOs — Using the Saturn SDK, custom front-end UIs can be developed for DAOs. This can include an application or hub that hundreds of DAOs one day utilize or even UIs made specifically for individual DAOs. DAOs built on top of Saturn are able to operate as single entities across multiple blockchains as one account. This unlocks the ability for really powerful DAOs to take shape across the Polkadot ecosystem — and one day to all chains.
- DeFi Applications — Defi applications across the Polkadot & Kusama ecosystem, as soon as there is a channel connection between their native parachain & the InvArch or Tinkernet parachains, are able to integrate multisig vaults directly into their applications. One such implication is to provide a non-custodial multichain asset custody solution directly through their applications.
Stay Informed on Saturn
To catch the latest announcements on Saturn, individuals should follow the InvArch Network & InvArch Tinkernet accounts on Twitter, keep their eyes on upcoming changes to the InvArch website, and don’t forget to hop in the InvArch Discord to join nearly 30,000 community members getting ready for Saturn!
InvArch allows anyone to create decentralized communities, borderless businesses, & unstoppable organizations, and is designed to become the main hub of the decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) economy!